31 January, 2007

Change of estate

My dearest fellows,
 
What a marvellous evening spent in esteemed company and sublime spirits, despite the envious bar wench whose lackluster gin pouring left my palate almost in drought. Fie! A librarian was never harsher treated in a Library Bar, indeed, and I had half a mind to beat her with my glove.
 
I write now to beg you to reroute official correspondence to this, my city address, as it is long since I resided at the gmail estate. You are much more likely to find me at this home, as it is a much more suitable place from which to gallivant and, on occasion, cut a caper (if only for use with salmon and warm, browned bagels). 
 
So, lads, until we next meet for vermouth and civilized acts of civil rebellion, I look forward to your continued wit and wisdom, and wish you endless mirth peppered with a healthy dose of knavery.
 
I have also sent a copy of this letter to my dear friend and occasional cad, Edwick. Please extend to her all the wamth that one united to destroy the vugoisie deserves.
 
Pip pip,
 
Guinevere

No comments: